Liquid is designed as an alternative to iTunes for the downloading and management of podcasts. My motivation was being unable to find an decent alternative to iTunes that was still being developed.
Liquid is written using the .NET Framework in Visual Studio 2005.
Below are some key features of Liquid:
- Manage multiple podcast feeds
- Download multiple podcasts at one time
- Play downloaded podcasts in your external player
- Schedule automated download of available podcasts
- Limit the total bandwidth used by the program when downloading podcasts
- Option to automatically update ID3 tags for the title and genre
Liquid is available for download at the Liquid Download page.